Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Pens / Pencils / Pendants

I was lucky enough to get bought a pendant I'd real keened myself up on: a long chain from Whistles with an enamel pencil at its base as below:

Weighted just right so that I miss it as soon as I've taken it from my neck. Plus the length makes it perfect to play with when I catch a dose of fidgeting fingers. It's made me want to acquire more jewellery, though. I'm excessively picky when it comes to the decorative touches, hence I'm usually unembellished. But I seem to have picked up a trend for jewellery evoking my recent (and hopefully continued) attempts to write more regularly.

This necklace is by Daydream Nation - it alas reminds me that I never did track down one of their airmail dresses that I so desired. Probably a blessing in disguise as I'd never have worn anything else.


I never really wear bracelets, ever, but I can really honestly imagine making an exception for this Triskaidekaphobia number. It's not overly dainty but I imagine it (along with that cute little spider) would hang juuuust right.
Plus I like that it's not a name but more a prophetic statement on the tag. Because you don't necessarily write to be remembered; but if you write it, you clearly think it's important that it be aired. It conversely makes me think of J.D. Salinger's 'Franny and Zooey': I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment