Monday, 11 October 2010

The Things You Notice

My favourites from what I've seen of the Liverpool Biennial so far are certainly Sam Knowles' beautiful binding of the galactic with found novels and wormholes through the words there, and Tehching Hsieh's One Year Performance which was staggeringly diligent.

I accidentally 'met' Tehching on a side street before the opening and as my friend was speaking to him it became clear he was incredibly well natured and with all humility intact. An inspiration all round, then.



My next stop will be to see more of the exhibitions at the CUC before November's end but - racing around before closing - it's clear that the predominately video art installation within their basement has some bloody lovely ideas.

As a closer to the weekend and in ultimately unrelated news, when did I turn into such a black widow? Was my change in hair colour the precursor or the full stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment