Friday, 21 January 2011

Win some / lose some.

The overwhelming smoothness of my Wolford tights resulted in disaster a few days ago when, whilst rushing down the stairs after being promised a cheese toastie, I slipped and smashed the two ceramic mugs I'd been carrying. That weren't mine, that were my boyfriend's Mum's. Tea: everywhere.

I headed to M&S to replace them today before she returns from a cruise (for the record, I had to settle for something similar rather than a replica so am still fearing wrath).

Noticed as I passed the shoe aisle that they've very successfully replicated Louis Vuitton heels from last season in a wearable/affordable fashion... so I'll let them off.



2 comments:

  1. What kinda mugs were they.

    For instance, I'm havin' some coffee now and drinkin' it outta a mug that's says Glitz and Grits...it has sombreros on it. It's from South of the Border in South Carolina...the gaudiest place on the planet. Breakin' that one would be tragic

    There's a mug on the counter from Las Vegas...I'd throw that one in the road if you asked nicely and wouldn't think twice about it.

    Then of course there's the china pattern. I could take or leave but the wife....

    So which were they...china, Las Vegas, or South of the Border?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked like shell/mug hybrids either bred by weird genetics or unconstrained 'mixed species' inter-population. Utterly irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete